Thursday, July 17, 2014

50th Wedding Anniversary Quilt

My son in laws grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this weekend. 


The pictures are so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it!


Such fun memories!


The fabrics are all from Riley Blake. 


The kids will be presenting the quilt to their parents at a special retreat this weekend. 


I sure hope they like it!


49" x 50"

To print the pictures, you will need "Sew in" printable fabric, a high quality ink jet printer and high resolution/quality pictures.  The pictures MUST be very high quality or you wont get a good result.  For the printable fabric, that I prefer is Printed Treasures by Dritz.  You can find it at JoAnn Fabric or HERE on Amazon.com.  Please follow the manufactures instructions exactly.  There are other, less expensive options, but this one is the most fabric like and it's the softest ;)

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! They must be thrilled. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this special quilt! Love your quilting, and the photos stand out just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's just beautiful! They will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!!! What a gift!! That is just stunning!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walked into the reception hall the day of my wedding and I almost cried. The staff was so attentive to me and my guests. Everyone said they felt like royalty.
    Wedding venues Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to do a special quilt like this. Can you tell me how you got the pictures on fabric? Thank you! This quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added the info on the pictures to the post for you :) http://myquiltdiet.blogspot.com/2014/07/50th-wedding-anniversary-quilt.html

      Delete
  7. I'm trying to do a special quilt like this. Can you tell me how you got the pictures on fabric? Thank you! This quilt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes please let me know also--my parents 50 th anniversary coming up- how do you get photos on fabric

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***