Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Red & White Modern Block Swap

A few months ago a few (16) of my quilty BFFs and I decided to do a red and white modern block exchange.


We each made 32 -4.5" blocks , 16 -8.5" blocks to exchange and as many 12.5" blocks as we would like to exchange. 


I decided to make the asterisk block I made for my pink and green medallion for my 4.5" block. 


The method naturally makes two different color ways :-)


For the 8.5" block I decided to make a variation with my easy deaden ruler. 


Yes, it is virtually a dead ringer for Japan's flag of war ;-). I was thinking pepermint candy.  Oh well!


These were really fun to make :-)


I had a hard time making the circles centered when I trimmed them. 


What to use for the center?  Big circles? Small?  Medium!  Red or white?


My ig friends helped me choose medium red :-)


I wasn't sure I would have time to make any 12" blocks. I tried this one with flying geese and fell in love!


I made five of them all together :-)


I especially love the pinwheel that the flying geese made in the center :-)

I am on my way to meet the group to swap blocks. I can't wait to see them all!!!

Pst... I'm back from lunch and here are the AMAZING ladies...


...and all of the AWESOME blocks...


I really don't have time to deal with these until January. Let's see how long I can hold out ;-)

Most of my friends are betting against me ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I love your blocks! You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all :) that's going to make one beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***