Friday, February 10, 2017

Rainbow 🌈Pineapple 🍍

For a very long time, I have wanted to make a traditional pineapple quilt. 

 

I searched out many patterns and tutorials, and alas, I decided that Amber Johnson's AMAZING foundation pieced pattern was the one I HAD to do! (It's perfection!) 😍

 

I took her paper pattern and blew it up to 16" ...well, actually my friend Kris did the blowing up 😘

 

For the fabric, I used Tula Pinks True Color collection. Perfection!

 

For the light sections, I used various low volume prints, including silver metallics.   In the end, I needed one more block, so I decided on a gold metallic block. My pot of gold and the end of my 🌈.  

 

 

For the Quilting, I followed the piecing to create a cross hatch. 

 

And a feather motif in the grey silver portion.  

 




For the binding, I went with silver metallic fabric, of course. 


😍❤️😍❤️😍🍍🌈😍😍😍❤️😍❤️😘 


I sure do love this quilt!! 

To see much more of this quilt, search the hashtag #MarionsPineappleRainbow on Instagram 😘

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! I LOVE to hear from you :) I cherish every word :) I read ALL of your comments and try to reply to every single one.... but it sometimes takes me a few days xoxo
***If I don't get back to you, it is likely that you are a "No Reply Blogger" :( ***